Ingredients:1 pound ground lamb 2 large onions, chopped very fine 2/3 cup chopped cilantro, parsley and dill mixed 1 tsp Salt to taste ½ tsp Pepper to taste ½ tsp seasoned salt Canola oil 1 cup water or broth
- Put the lamb, onion and half of the chopped herbs in a bowl and mix well. You should have about the same amount of onion as lamb.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Wet your hands, makes forming meat balls easier. Keep a bowl of water close by.
- Form a scoop of meat (about the size of meat ball, ¼ cup) into a ball in the palm of your hand and roll into a small log.
- Form all the remaining meat mixture into logs. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium low heat. When oil is hot add enough meat logs to cover bottom of pan; leaving about ½ inch space between them. Do not crowd pan.
- Turn heat up to medium high and brown meat well on all sides.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup chopped herbs over meat.
- Add broth to pan and bring boil.
- Cover pan, turn heat to medium low and steam till done through; about 10 minutes.
- Serve over Kasha (roasted buckwheat grouts) or brown rice.
Kasha Directions:1 cup Kasha (roasted buckwheat) 2 cups water 1 onion chopped fine 1 carrot chopped fine
- Bring water to boil in saucepan.
- Add Kasha bring back to boil, cover and cook on low until all water is absorbed; about 10 minutes.
- Fluff Kasha lightly with fork.ola oil in skillet.
- Saute’ chopped onion and carrot in the hot pan till brown.
- Add Kasha and heat through.
(We welcome your feedback on this recipe!)