I love this easy light flavorful stew!
Ingredients:2 pounds lamb or goat (shank, leg or stew meat work well)
½ cup barley, rinsed
2 Tbl. minced parsley
3 celery tops, minced
2 tsp. salt
6 medium potatoes, cubed
- Brown lamb in skillet adding 1 Tbl. of oil if necessary.
- Add one quart water, barley, sliced lemon, parsley, celery tops and salt.
- Bring to boil and cook barely at a simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Meat should be tender at this point, it not simmer till tender.
- Remove meat from bone and cut into cubes add back to pot. (I usually skip this and just pull meat apart at end of cooking, a more rustic looking dish)
- Add potatoes and continue to cook for another half hour, till potatoes are done.
(We welcome your feedback on this recipe!)